Thursday, September 30, 2010

Forgive my lack of creativity...

When first interested in acquiring a blog I tried to think of the handle the blog would go by. I thought myself very clever when "keeping up with the jones" popped into my head. How perfect, I thought, is that for a blog name that journals the husband and I's new married life. . . My elation with my creativity lasted a mere couple days; when perusing through (that's the friendly term for stalking) other blogs I found a blog "Keeping up witht the Jones" and my heart sank. Not only were the names similar but this couple was in the holiness movement! And just when I thought it could not get worse I discovered this lovely couple lives in the same zipcode as I do. . . Horrors.
Therefore, my inner soul searching for a blog name was back on. I thought it should be kitchy or cute, then I thought to myself "just keep it real Kelly." So I came up with the new name which I feel describes the status quo of our house. I love to bake/cook/microwave food, the husband loves to consume said food, and then we run to try and balance it out (this is the husband's area of strength).
So I hope you enjoy the new name and forget my sad, washed-up, kitchy handle from the past.

1 comment:

  1. Although I did love Keeping up with the Jones' I love the new title even better. Definitely more original, which makes it more you! And speaking of the Jones' I don't think I told you that I did not "get" the Jones' drink at the wedding till several days after.

    ReplyDelete