Monday, October 4, 2010

It is officially fall and I am loving it! Although it is still in the eighties and nineties here the wind is starting to blow more and it is cooling down at night.


My groceries made a great fall centerpiece, that is until I had to use them. It was sad to watch the fun centerpiece disappear.





Last Wednessday a tropical storm, Nicole, made my day so much better. My husband got to stay home, I wore my rainboots out, we watched a fun movie together, we had homeade chinese, and these yummy lemon-vanilla tarts filled the house with a great aroma.






But seriously, the best day of the week was Monday! The husband took me to the home decorating metropolis, otherwise known as Ikea. We picked up our couch, which is awesome! I love it


The possibilities are endless...

5 comments:

  1. Your centerpiece is so Fall-ly! Love it - real is so much better than fake - even if you do end up eating it. So happy for you & Nicole:)I think you need to post the vanilla lemon tart recipe. I could really use that aroma floating through my house right now. I have seen the Erktorp sofa in a hundred (almost) homes across the blogosphere and I honestly think it looks the prettiest in your home. Break it in good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention the couch is a perfect cuddling space for two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I was GLAD to find your blog...how fun! Since I'm in Ohio now I've been missing you...thinking that you should be here too. =) But, I'm thrilled that God has led you to your great husband and y'all are serving Him together where He wants y'all now! =)
    If you want to take a peek at our new baby Mary Grace, you can check out my blog. We're having FUN with her! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I found a few minutes today to look at your posts on your blog, and enjoyed them all! =) Fun honeymoon pics, sorry about the cookies...glad the icing "saved the day" =), LOVE the name of your blog, and am happy for your pretty new white couch! (Now you can pray that Jesus leads Janie to find a good deal on a couch and loveseat for us on craigs list. =)
    Soooo glad you have this blog! I will enjoy keeping in contact with you. Enjoyed having your parents over last night. They asked if they could come over after church to see our baby Mary. And of course...we would only have CAKE to serve them. HA! But, they were able to "choke it down" with some vanilla icecream. =D
    I hope that you are having a great week! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Sister Heather you always make me laugh! I'm SURE they were able to "choke" down the cake with no problem. My mom was raving to me on the phone about how cute Mary is, I totally agree. I really enjoyed looking at her pictures.
    I'm so happy for you all that you have a home, and I'm positive Janie will be able to find something for it. She is awesome! Will you be in the house before Thanksgiving?
    Seeing people's pictures of fall and hearing about things happening around there is really making me miss Ohio, my friends/family, and the Church. However, it is so great to know that we are right where God wants us to be :)
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete