Friday, September 24, 2010

Days Go By

So we all have things that keep us busy, as of late mine have been related to the following:

                                           Shopping for my house
                                           Shopping for clothes
                                          Shopping for craft supplies
                                           Shopping for groceries
                                                and of course
                                           Shopping just to shop.


                           
                     When not indulging in my guilty pleasure I   
                         accomplished some other feats.
                                           



I baked for the first time in my own home. Yes, I did use a mix for these, but in my defense mixing the butter in was difficult.



I had my nephew over. Everyone says he looks like Nathan, I believe the following picture is the best resemblance I have seen to date.







I had my family around the "kitchen" table!





                                   I attempted to decorate.
 


I read a lot.



I baked some more.
This attempt was unsuccesful at first.
The cookies actually tasted like dust.
I cried.


My husband, not caring for my tears asked if
I could just make some icing.
I whipped up some cinammon icing
and the cookies turned out for the better.




                            What have you done lately?


3 comments:

  1. I love what you have done in your kitchen, Kelly! So cozy & looks like it is out of a magazine. Don't worry about failed "cooking", everyone has them & you ARE an awesome COOK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is adorable. I love your glass door cupboards and your glass canisters! I have that silver ampersand too :) At least the cookies look delicious regardless of the taste. And lucky you getting to shop so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I made Jumbalaya with shrimp and Kilbasa (sp), yellow rice, crab cakes, italian pasta salad, tea, and cornbread, with tomatoes from the garden. I wanted to put it all in the garbage... the only thing that stopped me was that dad and mom got seconds, and dad did NOT use sauces or salt.

    Note: I would love to eat sawdust cookies with you, if I could just be with you right now, sweets.

    ReplyDelete