Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The List

This blog seems to be very focused on me, which makes me uncomfortable but I guess it would be more awkward for me to be writing about anything else.
I love lists, every night at work during my slow periods I make a detailed to do list for the next day. (somehow a nap usually sneaks onto this list) I like grocery lists, menue lists, chore lists, and lists left by someone special detailing why they love me... So it is no surprise that I enjoyed reading my friends list of 35 things to do before she turned 35. I thought this to be so clever I had begun one of my own but it read "20 Things To-Do While 20"
Even though I love goals I have terrible follow through, so let me be accountable for my list today. This list is in no manner prioritized.
1. Get married- :)
2. Pass the Nclex- wow, I still cannot believe that I did that!
3. Get a hospital job- Sadly no hospital job at this point.
4. Run 1 straight mile- I did it, but honestly I should have shot for a bigger goal.
5. Learn to Surf- I heart surfing.
6. Weigh *** lbs. - sadly my lack of self control is holding me back
7. Go to a foreign country- Jamaica honeymoon.
8. Be a better Christian- I always need to work on this.
9. Show love everyday- I'm sure I failed at this goal.
10. Learn a new craft- I knit.
11. Develop stronger self control- see failed goal #6
12. Decorate my house- this is a never ending goal
13. Graduate nursing school- yes!
14. Buy Ikea couch- I love my Erktop sofa :)
15. Provide good food for my husband- except for the chicken pot pie debacle I think I'm on a winning streak.
16. Have company over- check
17. Be involved in ministry- I love my bus ministry kids, snot and all..
18. Celebrate my marriage daily- uh, potentially a fail. I need to work on this.
19. Enjoy life- :)
20. Make a Martha Stewart recipe- I have a couple under my proverbial belt.


Wow, I'm not the overachiever that my mother used to brag about. My list for this year will follow soon. And since no pictures=no fun I guess this post is just no fun.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! 2 posts in one week. I'm very impressed. Love. Love. your list:) You have inspired me to maybe post my list for this year. I have not been brave enough to post this year's list on my blog-yet. Knitting? Seriously? I can't wait to see! I'm sure you rock at #15 and I love #17. Oh, and I love #5, learning to snowboard with Carl this year is already on my list. Thanks for the inspiration! Miss you!
    ps
    Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, it would be awkward if your blog was about someone else. hmmm..although you do brag an awful lot about your husband on here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie,
    You should definitely post your list. It was so inspiring to read yours in the past. I'm sure it is full of fun/adventurous things as well as lofty/noble aspirations. Snowboarding with Carl? I mean come on that is cool.
    But for real, you are such an inspiration, keep it up :)
    I am enjoying y family immensely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you. I like your blog. In fact, I am in the process of constructing a more interesting blog because of yours. And I will talk about myself a lot as well. So it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, your list was neat! I enjoyed reading it. And by the way, YOU DO NOT need to loose weight! You are a perfect you! =)
    If you get a chance, you'll have to come visit my blog and see our new pics that we took of our precious Mary Grace! =)

    ReplyDelete