Monday, February 21, 2011

A DIY Project


If you know me, you know that I love to take on projects.
I am not always the most effecient at finishing projects,
but I do like to start them.
For the past year I have seen before/after
projects all over the internet involving
old pieces of furniture which were
given a cute facelift.
This, is my version.

Brandon an I found this very cute buffet (?) before we were married.
We were taking a Sunday stroll and we glanced upon this beauty.
 Brandon, being the smarter half of our relationship hastily
scribbled out a SOLD sign and pasted it on the chest
until Monday morning when he called and made arrangements
to purchase the chest for a measly fifty dollars.
I love him.


This chest plagued my mother-in-law by sitting in her extra room for four months.
Recently, we picked it up and somehow got it into our trailer, quite the feat.
We picked up Fresh Linen paint and went to work.
I, honestly, put a few brush strokes on but had to leave
due to a pressing engagement, ie the art festival with my friends.
When I came home, my eyes alighted on this new gorgeous piece of furniture.
My husband is amazing!



We are currently trying out different knobs, pictured are a set from Anthropologie.

2 comments:

  1. Scoot over, Martha, Nester, Holly, Centsational Girl, and Sweet Savannah. I am in awe! I love how the buffet turned out :) It is truly beautiful. I love the knobs you have on it now. If you are still deciding, have you checked out Hobby Lobby's knobs, being the expert shopper that you are, I'm sure you have. I'm jealous of your fresh flowers. Your home is truly a reflection of you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, LOVE the new piece of furniture! Really cute! =)

    ReplyDelete