Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just for a Laugh

I sincerely love to laugh. I think everyone knows this. There is nothing like the feeling of laughter, the pure joy. Well, that is unless you fake/force a laugh. Then it is just awkward.

I wanted to share a story, purely to make you laugh. If you don't laugh, don't worry, I am laughing as I write this.

This morning at work I encountered one of my patients, a gentleman quite advanced in age, who was pleasantly confused. At least I thought he was pleasantly confused. He ended up being crazy very agitated. He had decided that he was done with the hospital. He attempted to leave the room in his birthday suit. I convinced him that clothing was an acceptable option. And then we began the pacing around the unit. For quite a while we paced.

When he was heavily sedated calmed down I had him sit in the nurse's station with me while I attempted to document. He thought this to be great fun. He was astonished at how fast I could type. He pretended like I felt a draft when he blew on my hair. He poked me and then blamed it on an an innocent doctor. Anyway he cracked several jokes and when I shared a hearty laugh with him he followed it up with the greatest response. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "We are having more fun than humans."

Later that day when I sent him to a nursing home he gave me a hug and begged me to take him home with me... It was tempting.


So that this is not another "wordless" post:


            Dessie and I at work... She's from Missisipi. So she has the best accent. Love her!


Jaci, Kristin, and I at a birthday celebration.
I love my fellow nurses.
I could not survive without them.


Debbie, some people have a more relaxed attitude at work. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha this is the best! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! So funny! Loved catching a glimpse into your life at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back...we've missed you!!

    That is too funny! I'm sure you are the brightest spot in some of these lives that you work with! I'd love to have you be my nurse. =)

    Enjoyed seeing the pics from work.
    We're moving to Argentina in just 21 days, Lord willing.
    Love ya,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me howl. I could picture the whole thing whether I wanted to or not! Too funny! We MISS you so much at CNC! Love ya,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete